Retha Designs is the data controller responsible for your personal data. If you have any questions, comments or requests regarding this policy, including any requests to exercise your legal rights, please contact us at [email protected]
Retha Designs the Data Controller responsible for your personal data. If you have any questions about this privacy notice, including any requests to exercise your legal rights, please contact us at Rethadesigns.ie
The Data Protection Acts 1988 and 2003 are designed to protect individuals about whom information is entered and stored on a computer or other systems. You have the right to make a complaint at any time to the Data Protection Commissioner’s Office, the supervisory authority for data protection issues. This is a link to the website: Data Protection Commissioner’s Office (www.dataprotection.ie). We would, however, appreciate the opportunity to deal with your concerns prior to you contacting the Data Protection Commissioner’s Office. So if you could please e-mail us at [email protected] in the first instance. Further information and advice about your rights can be obtained from the data protection regulator in your country. (Office of the Data Protection Commissioner in the Republic of Ireland)
THIRD PARTY LINKS
This website may have links to third-party websites. Clicking on those links may allow third parties to collect or share data about you. We do not control these third-party websites or their Privacy Statements. When you leave our website, we encourage you to read the privacy notice of every website you visit.
YOUR LEGAL RIGHTS
You have a number of rights under data protection laws in relation to your personal data.
- Right to be informed – You have the right to know what personal data is being collected, our identity and your data protection rights
- Request access to your personal data – This is commonly known as “data subject access request”. This enables you to request and obtain access to any personal data we hold about you.
- Request correction of your personal data – This enables you to have any inaccurate or incomplete data we hold about you corrected by the controller. We may need to verify the accuracy of the new data you provide to us.
- Request your personal data to be erased – This is also known as the “right to be forgotten”. You can request us to erase your personal data where there is no good reason for us continuing to process it.
- To object to direct marketing – You have the right to object where we are processing your personal data for direct marketing purposes. We will only contact you with direct marketing with your consent.
- Request restriction of processing your personal data, including automated decision-making.
- Request transfer of your personal data to a third party – This right only applies where processing of personal data is carried out by automated means. You can request us to provide you, or a third party you have chosen, your personal data.
- Right to withdraw consent.
If you wish to exercise any of your rights outlined above, please contact us at [email protected]
WHAT DATA DO WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU ?
The term “personal data” means any information relating to a living person from which that person can be identified. It does not include anonymous data – data where the identity has been removed.
- Identity details (First name, Surname, username or similar identifier, title, date of birth)
- Contact details (Billing address, delivery address, email address and telephone numbers)
- Profile data (username and password, purchases/orders made by you, feedback and survey responses)
- Usage data (Information about how you use our website, products)
- Any order Greeting message .
It is important that the personal data we hold about you is accurate and current. Please keep us informed if your personal data changes during your relationship with us.
We also gather statistical, demographic and other analytical information on an aggregate basis from visitors to our website. This data is not considered personal data in law as the data cannot be used to identify or contact you. For example, user browser types, usage data and other anonymous statistical data involving the use of our website. We use this data in an aggregate form to get a better understanding of where our visitors come from, to calculate the percentage of users accessing a specific website feature and to help us better design and organise our website.
HOW IS YOUR DATA COLLECTED ?
We use different methods to collect data from and about you including through:
DIRECT INTERACTIONS .
You may give us your identity and contact details by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail, post or otherwise. This includes personal data you provide when you:
- create an account or profile on our website
- subscribe to a mailing list
- make a purchase in our online shop
- enter a competition, promotion or survey
- give us some feedback
AUTOMATED TECHNOLOGIES OR INTERACTIONS.
THE PURPOSES FOR WHICH WE HOLD YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We process your Personal Data you provide to us for the following purposes:
- To register you as a new customer of our online shop.
- To process and deliver your order including: Manage payments and Shipping the ordered goods.
- To contact you or your recipient if required in connection with your order or to respond to any communication you might send us.
- To communicate relevant website content and advertisements to you and measure or understand the effectiveness of the advertising we serve to you. Each time you receive such contact you will have the option to decline receiving further marketing information from us. This is known as opting out and should you wish to exercise the opt-out please unsubscribe. Where you opt out of receiving these marketing messages, this will not apply to personal data provided to us as a result of a product purchase or other transactions.
- To make suggestions and recommendations to you about products or services that may be of interest to you.
- To enable you to partake in a prize draw, competition or complete a survey.
- To use data analytics to improve our website, products/services, customer relationships and experiences.
- To administer and protect our business and this website (including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, system maintenance, support, reporting and hosting of data)
- So we can keep a history of the products you have ordered with us.
LEGAL BASIS FOR US USING YOUR PERSONAL DATA
The lawful grounds for us processing your personal data are:
- Performance of a Contract with you i.e. to fulfil your order and provide the services you request.
- Necessary for our legitimate interests
– to keep our records updated
– to study how customers use our products/services.
– to define types of customers for our products and services
– to develop our products/services and grow our business.
– to keep our website updated and relevant
– to develop our business and to inform our marketing strategy.
– to run our business, provision of administration and IT services, network security, to prevent fraud
– to comply with a legal obligation
Your personal data will only be available to employees of Retha Design. We provide reasonable and appropriate measures to protect your personal information within our organisation against unauthorised or unlawful access, alteration, disclosure or destruction.
DATA RETENTION –HOW LONG DO WE KEEP YOUR PERSONAL DATA FOR ?
We will only retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any accounting, legal or reporting requirements. To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, we consider the amount, nature and sensitivity of your personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure of your personal data.
We will retain the personal data you provided on registering an account on our website for as long as that account remains in existence. If at any time, you tell us that you no longer want to have an account, then we will delete your personal data from our records.
In some circumstances we may anonymise your personal data (so that it can no longer be associated with you) for research or statistical purposes in which case we may use this information indefinitely without further notice to you.
DISCLOSURES OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
For the purposes set out above, we may have to share your personal data with the parties set out below:
- Service providers who deliver orders (i.e. we disclose your contact details to the company that is delivering your order).
- Service providers who provide IT and system administration services.
- Professional advisers acting as processors including solicitors, bankers, accountants and insurers based in Ireland who provide consultancy, banking, legal, insurance and accounting services.
- Gift Recipient (we disclose the sender’s contact details so the recipient knows who the sender is. In the event the sender wishes to remain anonymous and requests same, we may remove this information from the parcel, however should the recipient request the senders contact details, we will provide them to them. This is to avoid nuisance correspondence and allows the recipient to decide whether they wish to keep the order.
- If we have a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation or in order to protect the rights, property or safety of our business, our customers or others.
CHANGES TO THIS POLICY
Any changes to this Privacy Notice will be posted on this website so that you are always aware of what information we collect, how we use it, and under what circumstances, if any, we disclose it. If at any time we decide to use Personal Data in a manner significantly different to that stated in this Policy, or otherwise disclosed to you at the time your data was collected, we will notify you by e-mail, and you will have the choice as to whether or not we use your information in the new manner.